‘Tis the Season to create a warm and cozy home! Shop our natural wool carpet sale – from $2.99 and up. You’ll find a range of styles and soft, natural hues to choose from. Wool’s natural luster brings an elegant and peaceful atmosphere to your home or office. Natural wool is durable, resilient, affords comfort and safety – and wool is a renewable resource! Wool fibers are naturally superior to synthetic fibers, as well as longer lasting, inherently flame retardant and resistant to dirt and crushing. And, wool stays warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer!
- SUPERIOR TEXTURE RETENTION & RESILIENCE Due to the natural crimp that is inherent in wool fiber.
- SUPERIOR WEAR Wool looks better longer and “Wears Gracefully”.
- NATURALLY SOIL & STAIN RESISTANT Wool doesn’t require chemical stain guards like those applied to synthetic carpet fibers.
- SUPERIOR DYE FASTNESS Due to wool’s natural ability to take in dyes, and natural dyes are used.
- NATURALLY FIRE RETARDANT Wool is self extinguishing, and is the fiber of choice for passenger aircrafts.
- Slightly higher initial cost is offset by product longevity and ease of maintenance. WOOL CARPET ACTUALLY COSTS LESS!
- WOOL CARPET ADDS VALUE and is the ULTIMATE STATEMENT OF STYLE, SUCCESS, AND COMFORT.
- WOOL IS WARMER IN THE WINTER AND COOLER IN THE SUMMER. Wool naturally feels better, is more resilient, and helps moderate temperature and humidity in the home by absorbing and releasing moisture as needed.
- Wool’s natural soil and stain resistance allows for wool to require LESS CLEANING THAN SYNTHETICS.
- Wool is a renewable resource and is biodegradable. Wool is a way to be kind to Mother Earth. It is GREEN AND RECYCLABLE.
The crush resistance of a carpet has many different aspects:
- Pile fiber resilience or springiness
- Resistance to compression or flattening
- Recover from compression
- Texture retention
- Color change due to flattening
Wool carpets have excellent resistance to compression due to the physical nature of the fiber — its natural crimp comes from millions of coiled molecules, as opposed to the artificially induced sinoidal waves in man-made fibers. The right balance between compressibility and resilience equals optimum comfort underfoot.
Wool’s unique ability to absorb moisture means that pressure marks from furniture disappear completely when the fiber is gently moistened and allowed to recover naturally. Wool is also a naturally opaque fiber with a matte surface, so the effect of flattening wool pile on the color of a carpet is much less obvious than it would be with many other pile fiber types.
Wool carpet offers these unique safety benefits:
- Are naturally flame retardant due to the high nitrogen content
- Are difficult to ignite, due to a higher ignition temperature
- Have a low flame spread
- Have low heat release properties and low heat of combustion
- Do not melt or drip
- Form an insulating cool char and self-extinguish
- Contribute less to smoke or toxic gas formation than other carpet pile fibers
Wool carpets are specified for those installations with the most stringent flammability regulations, such as on passenger aircraft and ships, casinos and hotels.